Petra Cini is an Italian composer and pianist based in the Hague (NL) focusing on the creation of musical representations of mathematical groups. She is also devoted to the development of a rhythmic and contrapuntal sensitivity, reflected in her choices of repertoire as a pianist.
– SO(3) ETUDES in collaboration with mathematicians Raf Bocklandt and Eric Opdam.
– SL(2) ETUDES in collaboration with mathematician Eric Opdam
– Studied piano with great pianists, including Gloria D’Atri.
– (2012-2014) Studied piano with internationally known pianist Jin Ju at the the International Piano Academy “Incontri col Maestro” in Imola.
– (2008-2015) Graduated at 19 with a Master’s Degree in Piano Performance from the Conservatory “Luigi Cherubini” (10/10) (diploma di vecchio ordinamento in Pianoforte Principale, equipollente a diploma accademico di secondo livello).
– (2018-2022) Bachelor’s Degree in Composition from The Royal Conservatoire The Hague.
– (2022-2024) Awarded an Excellence Scholarship to pursue a Master’s Degree in Composition from The Royal Conservatoire The Hague.
– Awarded an Excellence Scholarship to pursue a Master’s Degree in Composition from The Royal Conservatoire The Hague (2022-2024).
– Her master research project ‘The Musical Metaphor and Representation Theory’ was awarded funding by Stichting De Zaaier.
– (25 March 2023) A Meta-Musical Evening, Concert/seminar with mathematician Raf Bocklandt at Splendor Amsterdam.
– (14 April 2023) Music and Mathematics – Studies of symmetries in sound and space Petra Cini and Raf Bocklandt, at the NH Noordwijkerhout conference hotel de Leeuwenhorst, Noordwijkerhout (NL), for the Nationale Wiskunde Dagen.
– (15 April 2023) A Meta-Musical Evening, Concert/seminar with mathematician Raf Bocklandtat HaagsPianoHuis Den Haag.
– (20 April 2023) Presentation of my work at the Municipality of The Hague for the week of Innovation organized by the ministry of Culture, Education and Science.
Residentie Orkest, Ensemble Klang, Pelargos Quartet, New European Ensemble, Parandrus Consort, Gerard Bouwhuis, Sean Bell, Stolz Quartet and others.
TivoliVredenburg (Utrecht, NL), Zuiderstandtheater (The Hague, NL), Boekmanzaal – Nationale Opera & Ballet (Amsterdam, NL), l’Auditorium Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze (Florence, IT), Splendor Amsterdam (Amsterdam, NL), Korzo Theater (The Hague, NL), Museum Voorlinden (The Hague, NL) and others.